- Extreme winter storms have battered the United States.
- The weather is being influenced by the polar jet stream.
- When the polar jet stream moves south, it can cause extreme winter conditions.
- Climate scientists aim to learn more about the jet stream so they can predict future storms more accurately.
- US Winter Storms
- Cold Snap
- Extreme Weather
This Week's Kahoot Quiz
Each week we'll be bringing you a free quiz that you can use with your students after they've enjoyed the episode.
Spark a discussion
- What are the effects of extreme winter storms?
- What is the cause of the winter storms? And how does this influence extreme weather in the US?
- Why do we need to predict future cold snaps?
Use these resources to get the most out of the news update and engage your class in topical science!